Your Source for All Things Orange & Black.
Go Flyers!
Follow on twitter @JohnnyG_BSBD

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Epic Fail on All Levels

Before I dive into this article, I must admit to all of my readers that I could not watch last night’s contest between our beloved Philadelphia Flyers and the Montreal Canadiens. This was not due to me not wanting the watch the game, it was physically impossible for me to due so. Like many others, I live outside of the Philadelphia area but bleed the color combination of Orange & Black. I watch all of the Flyers games using the NHL Gamecenter application and my Roku device. Once in a while, the games are blacked out on the application due to the game being shown on a national broadcast. This is the case for last night’s game because it was being shown on the NHL Network. My new TV provided (Optimum) does not have the NHL Network in the package I currently own, which made me very aggravated. The only sort of news I was receiving about the game was through Twitter and score updates on my cell phone. With that being said, I cannot provide my usual recap for this contest. However, I will say this, most teams in the NHL are not going to win games when they give up six goals to the opposition. Whether it was Emery’s fault, the defense’s fault, or a combination of both, it is completely unacceptable. Every time the Flyers would get close to making the score even, the Canadiens would score another goal. Now I am no hockey guru, but I can say with confidence that this is not a winning formula. The Flyers are now 7-7-2 on the season and sit at sixth place in the Metropolitan Division with 16 points. Philadelphia will travel to New York to play the Rangers on Wednesday night. I would like to reassure readers that I will be able to watch that game J

No comments:

Post a Comment